Saints fear Dez Bryant suffered serious injury in practice
METAIRIE, La. — Dez Bryant’s tenure with the Saints may have been short-lived.
In just his second practice with New Orleans, the newly acquired wide receiver indicated in social media posts Friday that he has had a significant setback — and multiple reports said the team believes he ruptured his Achilles tendon.
The Saints’ injury report listed Bryant as questionable for Sunday’s game in Cincinnati with an ankle injury, but a person familiar with the situation said the team is still awaiting the results of a doctor’s examination of Bryant.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the team has not announced any details of Bryant’s medical exam.
Bryant has indicated on social media that the injury will be challenging to overcome, writing on his verified Twitter account: “Things was just starting to heat up for me … I won’t question the man upstairs … this is the ultimate test.. thank you everyone for the prayers.”
The 30-year-old signed with the Saints on Wednesday following a workout a day earlier. After his first practice on Thursday, he expressed an eagerness to play with the NFL’s all-time leading passer Drew Brees, and help a club that looks like a Super Bowl contender. The surging Saints have won seven straight and last Sunday knocked off the previously unbeaten Rams.
Bryant spent his first eight NFL seasons with Dallas and in 2017 caught 69 passes for 838 yards and six touchdowns, including a 50-yard scoring play, for the Cowboys.